Recipe by dcwang wang
This recipe came from a Japanese cooking site, www.cookpad.com. It originally called for whipping cream, but I substituted it with 150g of Cool Whip and with 50g of sugar, one egg yolk instead of two, and only 120mL of soymilk. 50g of sugar is too sweet to my taste, adjust sweetness to your liking. Also, I added white sesame paste (nerigoma, not tahini). I used a bit more gelatin than the recipe called for because I ALWAYS get gelatin stuck in the cup that I soften it in. If diabetic, try with artificial sweetner
- 2 egg yolks
- 10 g cornstarch
- 120 ml milk or 120 ml soymilk
- 100 ml milk or 100 ml soymilk
- vanilla extract, to taste
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 40 -50 g sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften gelatin in 2 to 3 tablespoons of water.
- Make custard cream first.
- Sift the cornstarch into a bowl.
- Add 120 mL of milk to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolk (Add to the cornstarch+ milk bowl.
- Add vanilla extract to taste.
- Microwave until custard cream forms depending on the power.
- Dissolve the gelatin and add to the custard cream.
- Add the other 100mL of milk/soymilk to the custard cream.
- If the custard crema becomes watery, microwave for a bit until desired consistency.
- Cool the custard cream.
- Meanwhile, whip the whipping cream until it has the consistency of the custard cream.
- After the custard cream is cooled, add the whipped cream to the custard cream mixture in 3 installations.