Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different and healthy way to eat tuna, the contrast of the tuna, curry and crunch of the water chestnuts set this one apart. A favourite adapted from the book: Quick and Healthy Recipes and Ideas. Serve with salad greens or on toast for a delicious lunch or side dish. ZWT REGION: France.
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna in water (2x 170g)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained (227g)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry
- Mix dried onion flakes with lemon juice and set aside.
- Mix the tuna and water chestnuts.
- Add rest of ingredients to the onion flakes to make the dressing, combining well.
- Add the dressing to the tuna mixture.
Delicious! The curry and water chestnuts are a wonderful addition to this tuna salad.
Made for Holiday Tag. Very nice change for tuna salad...loved the curry flavour and the crunchiness of the chestnuts!
Much better than ordinary tuna salad. Loved the curry and the crunch of the water chestnuts. I used fresh minced onion instead of the flakes. Next time I make this I'm going to cut the amount of lemon juice in half....I thought it was just a bit too much. Thanx for this great and unique recipe!