Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A blend of spices to store and use to make a curry paste for a variety of curries.
Make and share this Curry Masala (Use to Make Curry Paste) recipe from Food.com.
- 5 tablespoons coriander
- 5 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fenugreek seeds
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon asafetida powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Mix the spices together.
- Fry 75 grams of butter in a frying pan.
- Use 2 tbsp only (for a 4 person meal) of the curry masala and mix with water so that the mixture sluggishly drips off a spoon.
- Add the curry paste to the melted butter and cook on a high heat for 2 minutes; keep stirring.
- After this time, the paste is now ready and you can add meat, poultry or fish depending upon the curry you wish to make.