Parsee Alpaca & Potato Curry Masala
Bought a beautiful spice mix from my favourite spice shop, Mudgeeraba Spices (in Qld) and also bought some Alpaca meat at the good food and wine expo. Lets see how they go together FYI 'spices' refers to the spice blend I bought which is 'Parsee Chicken & Potato Curry Masala'
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 kg alpaca meat (osso bucco cut)
- 120 g ghee
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 70 g spices
- 4 cups coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 400 g potatoes
- 400 g firm panir
- 4 cups rice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon spices
- Coat the meat in the coating mix (last two ingredients).
- In a saucepan melt the ghee.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger and carrots and fry until golden brown.
- Add the Parsee Chicken and Potato Curry Masala and cook until aromatic, approximately 1 minute, stirring well.
- Add the Alpacca to the pan cooking on high heat until the meat is lightly browned. Then add the paneer.
- Add the coconut cream, tomatoes and salt to the pan and bring to the boil and simmer covered until the meat is tender.
- Reduce the liquid by simmering with the lid off until the desired consistency is reached.
- Slice and fry the potato slices, then garnish the curry with them and serve on rice.