Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
Buy a rotisserie chicken to help you fix this quick meal
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- cooked rice
- Place green beans and carrots in medium glass bowl; cover and microwave 6 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, add onion and curry powder, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in ginger and garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir chicken broth and apricot preserves into skillet; bring to a boil.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture into skillet, and cook 1 minute longer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in green beans, carrots, and chicken, and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
Had to double the sauce (I was a bit heavy handed with the chicken). Very tasty, and helped make our family's trip to India complete. Thanks Charlotte! Made for ZWT8 trip to India.