Recipe by Dienia B.
This recipe has spinach, black mustard, tomatoes, and green chilies.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Excellent & so quick & easy!! I used a BIG container of baby spinach - turns out it's 11oz which isn't a pound! LOL, oh well. We all loved this & served it over rice. Made for whatever part of ZWT8 we're in now.
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 chilies, green seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic, cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 16 ounces spinach, washed, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lentils, tomato, turmeric, and water.
- Boil until done.
- Add oil to a fry pan.
- Add black mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add chilies and onion.
- Add garlic, chili powder, and curry powder.
- Cook until seeds pop and veggies are limp.
- Add spinach.
- Add lentils; mix; serve.