Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mother's tuna salad. I added the walnuts after I married a man who loves nuts. Melt it with cheese on an English muffin or a piece of rye for a quick lunch.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (canola is great)
- 2 -3 pinches curry powder
- Mix tuna, apples and walnuts with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Add mustard and mayonnaise to taste (amounts are suggestions).
- Shake in curry powder and mix.
My husband liked this as is but it was way too much mustard for my taste. If I make it again, I may cut the amount of mustard in half.
This was a wonderfully light lunch after all of the heavy holiday foods! Served this on a toasted bun and with a side of fresh fruit salad. This is very filling. Loved the crunch of the walnuts and the taste of the apple. Thanks for posting. DH really enjoyed this.
This is a terrific tuna salad. I love the nuts in there. It's not over-mayonnaised; you could even add a little more mayo. It may seem like it's a lot of Dijon mustard, but nothing overpowers anything. I even added a generous 3 "pinches" of curry powder, and still nothing was overpowering. The apple (I used Braeburn) adds a nice sweet/tartness. This would be a good salad for luncheons or wedding/baby showers. Thanx for posting this....I'll make it often.