1/1 Photo of Curried Pasta and Chicken Salad
4 hrs 20 mins
Chilled pasta salad from Better Homes and Gardens. Cooking time is chilling time. Can be served as a main dish or as a side dish. Recipe makes 4 main dish servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces packaged dried elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup apple, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or 1/3 cup salad dressing
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cashews or 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk (optional)
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- 1Cook pasta according to package. Rinse in cold water, drain again.
- 2In a large mixing bowl combine cooked pasta, chicken, apple, celery, and onion.
- 3For dressing, in a small bowl stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, yogurt, curry powder and salt. Pour dressing over pasta mixture. Toss to coat.
- 4Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- 5Just before serving, stir in cashews or peanuts into pasta mixture. If necessary, stir in milk. If desired, serve salad in lettuce-lined bowls.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Pasta and Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.0
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.1 mg
- Sodium 323.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 17.5 g