- 15 ml oil
- 2 ml mustard seeds
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 medium semi-ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ml turmeric
- 250 ml water
- 125 ml yoghurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and fry mustard seeds until they pop.
- Add onion, chillies and garlic and fry gently until golden.
- (about 10 mins on a low heat) Add mangoes, tomato, turmeric and water and simmer gently,for about 5 mins.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Stir in optional yoghurt if a creamy consistency is preferred.
- Serve hot with rice and mango chutney.