Recipe by COOKGIRl
Found this recipe while browsing the sunmaidraisin.com website;- with a little bit of fine tuning. Whole milk plain yogurt replaces some of the mayonnaise. Skip the coconut if you don't like it. It's good either way.
Top Review by FloridaNative
This was DEEE-licious! I cut the recipe down to 1 serving - I made it for my breakfast - and was very pleasantly surprised. I was a bit skeptical of the ingredient list as I am not very adventurous when it comes to cooking, and for me this was an adventurous recipe! With that said, I followed the recipe exactly as written and had a wonderful breakfast. The egg salad itself has a bit of bite and some sweetness from the coconut. I used Fage plain greek yogurt and organic mayo, so that made it nice and creamy. Loved the chopped roasted cashews too - crunch factor is a plus for me. I served open-face on gluten-free raisin bread and that really worked for me - the sweetness of the bread was a perfect compliment for the egg salad. BTW - I skipped the spinach as I didn't have any on hand, but did not miss it to be honest. Excellent recipe Cookgirl - thanks for posting. Made for ZWT8 and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys! Photo to follow...
- 29.58 ml plain yogurt
- 44.37 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml coconut (flaked or grated-I lightly toasted the coconut in a dry cast iron skillet)
- 14.79 ml green onion, thinly sliced
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- 59.14 ml cashews, toasted, chopped
- 177.44 ml baby spinach leaves
- 8 slice raisin bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, coconut (if using), green onion, curry powder, salt and black pepper.
- Stir in eggs and cashews.
- Divide and spread the egg salad mixture between four slices of raisin bread. Add the spinach leaves and top with the other four bread slices.
- Serve with fresh sliced mangoes and papayas!