Recipe by Seebee
I'm really excited to start cooking with flowers! How interesting does this recipe sound? Times are, as always, a very loose estimate.
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil or 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups daylily flowers, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews or 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 3⁄4 cup drained silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup dark-colored miso
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon kudzu or 1 tablespoon arrowroot or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the TVP for 10 minutes in 3/4 cup hot water then drain (with its soaking water reserved) Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the daylilies, carrots, celery, TVP, and nuts in the oil, stirring, for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients (tofu, miso, curry paste, lime juice, and kudzu/arrowroot/cornstarch) and process until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer the mixture for another 10 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice or with Indian bread.