Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found on the Net in response to a request. This recipe apparently originated with Better Homes and Gardens, in the late '70s.
- In 2-quart saucepan cook onion and curry powder in water till onion is tender.
- Stir in milk, coconut, cloves, and salt.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a sieve.
- Stir about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks.
- Return to remaining milk mixture in saucepan.
- Cook and stir about 2 minutes or till mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat; cover and chill.
- Garnish each serving with toasted coconut if desired.