Recipe by Manami
These curried coconut shrimp balls were absolutely awesome! I was very leary about making these much less trying them - I don't like coconut that much and curry and I - just don't get along! :( However, I tasted these and I was convinced - loved them thoroughly! :) Coastal Living Magazine, December 2009 edition. There is a 1 hour chill time. The disposable bamboo spoons, make cleanup a snap,; pack of 25 for $9.49 at: webrestaurantstore.com.
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut and curry powder on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden; set aside.
- Process cream cheese, shrimp, and onions in a food processor until blended.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Shape shrimp mixture into 1-inch balls, and roll in toasted coconut mixture.
- Place on disposable bamboo spoons & present them to your guests.
- E N J O Y!