Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious sandwich. The combination of curry, raisins and almonds in this chicken salad makes it special. I make it for lunches for my husband who works in the oil field and gets HUNGRY!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 8 slices bread
- prepare chicken breasts as you prefer. I like to pan roast them with salt and pepper for a little extra flavor.
- chop the chicken while toasting almonds.
- chop toasted almonds.
- add the rest of ingredients.
- spread on bread.
This is one hearty sandwich!. I'm loving the texture of the raisins and crunch of the almonds, the curry is excellent. I used low fat mayo and fewer raisins than ask for to lower the sugars. Overall it yummy. Made for PAC 3/11.