Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I originally made this dish using coconut milk, but decided to create a little healthier version (much lower in cholesterol) I also used lemon grass but found a simple lemon rind to be a great substitute. This dish is perfect served over rice.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up (into 8 pieces)
- 2 (6 ounce) containers low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup dried mixed fruit (I use sunmaid brand)
- 1 fresh lemon rind
- 3 -4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- Place chicken in pot and brown slightly, add remaining ingredients cover and simmer over med/low heat for about 1 hour.
- hint: remove lemon rind before serving.