Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just another great recipe courtesy of Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 6 cups white chicken stock
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels (about 7 ears)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion and jalapeno, and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add curry, and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add stock and corn, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife.
- Place flour in a small bowl.
- gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended to form a slurry.
- Stir slurry into corn mixture, and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chicken, cilantro, salt, and black pepper.