Just another great recipe courtesy of Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 6 cups white chicken stock
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels (about 7 ears)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and jalapeno, and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Add curry, and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- 4Add stock and corn, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 5Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife.
- 7Place flour in a small bowl.
- 8gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended to form a slurry.
- 9Stir slurry into corn mixture, and bring to a boil.
- 10Cook for 3 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
- 11Stir in chicken, cilantro, salt, and black pepper.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 1001.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 26.4 g