Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not hot but just the right touch of flavor from the curry to make this a delicious and attractive dish.
- 10 cooked crepes (, see recope # 19104)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Saute the onions and the celery in the butter until the onion is translucent Mix in the salt& curry powder.
- Add flour.
- cook until it bubbles.
- Remove from heat and add sherry.
- Pour in the milk& broth.
- Cook on low heat until smooth& thick.
- Pour half the sauce in a bowl and add the chicken.
- Divide chicken between the ten crepes, fold each one over and place the crepes side by side in a shallow baking dish Pour remaining sauce evenly over the crepes Sprinkle with the Parmesanand bake in a 350F oven for 20-25 minutes.
My husband and I really loved this recipe. I added broccoli florets with the onion and celery mixture and that was really great. I also left out the sherry wine. Great and easy recipe.
I'll be the voice of dissention here. These crepes are only OK. There is not much flavor to them at all. I think I've made them twice now trying to find a good chicken crepe recipe but both times found the flavor to be just so very dull. Sorry. I wanted to rate them so I wouldn't forget I didn't care for them and make them again, they are a fair bit of work for not such a great outcome!
This was absolutely delicious. I cubed the chicken rather than shredding it and cooked the chicken in the sauce as it thickened. Next time I may make it without crepes and serve over white rice. Quick and easy! Definately a keeper!!!!