Adapted from a NZ cookbook, great tasting salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sweet mango chutney (I have used other sweet chutneys too)
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 -3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1Put the first 4 ingredients into a plastic bag.
- 2Add the chicken, then massage the bag so the chicken is evenly coated with the marinade. Set aside for at least 15 minutes. (Refrigerate if marinating for longer period of time).
- 3Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes. Boil gently until tender, then leave to cool to room temperature.
- 4Cook the chicken by grilling for 5-10 minutes on each side (depending on thickness) or until the outside has browned and the juices run clear.
- 5Leave chicken to stand for 5-10 minutes, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- 6While the chicken is cooking, stir the dressing ingredients together, thinning to the desired consistency with the orange juice, and prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
- 7Place the cooled well drained potato, the chicken and remaining ingredients (reserving a little cilantro to garnish) in a large bowl, drizzle with dressing, then toss gently to combine.
- 8Garnish with the reserved cilantro and serve immediately or refrigerate until required.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken and Sweet Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 963.7
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.7 mg
- Sodium 1673.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 46.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: