Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a NZ cookbook, great tasting salad.
Make and share this Curried Chicken and Sweet Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sweet mango chutney (I have used other sweet chutneys too)
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 -3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 -2 tablespoon sweet mango chutney
- 3 -4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put the first 4 ingredients into a plastic bag.
- Add the chicken, then massage the bag so the chicken is evenly coated with the marinade. Set aside for at least 15 minutes. (Refrigerate if marinating for longer period of time).
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes. Boil gently until tender, then leave to cool to room temperature.
- Cook the chicken by grilling for 5-10 minutes on each side (depending on thickness) or until the outside has browned and the juices run clear.
- Leave chicken to stand for 5-10 minutes, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking, stir the dressing ingredients together, thinning to the desired consistency with the orange juice, and prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
- Place the cooled well drained potato, the chicken and remaining ingredients (reserving a little cilantro to garnish) in a large bowl, drizzle with dressing, then toss gently to combine.
- Garnish with the reserved cilantro and serve immediately or refrigerate until required.
This is incredibly good! Unlike traditional potato salad using mayo, the yogurt is light and flavour and goes really well with yam! I will definetly be making this in the future