Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a Kiwi cookbook
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, scraped and chopped
- 50 g butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- parsley (to garnish)
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add curry powder and saute the onion, garlic and parsnips until the onion is clear.
- Stir in the flour and cook until the mixture bubbles.
- Stir in the chicken stock and bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until the parsnips are cooked.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan, add the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve hot.