Recipe by Ducky
Saw a picture of this in the Penzey's Spices catalog. It looked so good, I just had to try it. It was a nice change for us from the usual soups and it was so easy to make. I was happy to just eat this with a salad. I know we will have this again.
Top Review by CountryLady
A nice change from the usual creamed cauliflower soup, this was quick & easy - and much healthier! I scaled the recipe in half with no difficulty, omitted the olive oil & used Orzo. Thanx Ducky!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 10 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet curry powder
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry tiny pasta (such as acini de peppe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse cauliflower and cut into florets.
- In large pot, add water, cauliflower florets, olive oil, sweet curry, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cauliflower is fork tender (approx 10 min).
- Using a potato masher, break cauliflower into small pieces (do not totally mash as you would a potato).
- Bring soup back to a boil and add pasta.
- Cook 6-8 minutes or until the pasta is done.