Chef #570804 Halifax Liz's Note:
Found this in a grocery store magazine and we enjoy it very much . Also, a vegetarian friend claims it is very good over brown rice. Seasonings can be adjusted to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan.
- 2Add ginger and cumin and cook for about 1 minute.
- 3Add tumeric, salt, sweet potatoes and water.
- 4Cover and simmer on medium heat for about 10-12 minutes stirring from time to time.
- 5The potatoes will become quite soft.
- 6Add cauliflower, cover tightly and cook for 10 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, lightly toast pecans in a dry skillet for about 5 minutes.
- 8When cauliflower is just fork tender and sweet potatoes very soft (You can combine with some of the water to make a bit of a sauce) tip into a serving bowl and garnish with nuts.
- 9Also good with a dollop of Greek yoghurt on top.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 634.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g