Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this in a grocery store magazine and we enjoy it very much . Also, a vegetarian friend claims it is very good over brown rice. Seasonings can be adjusted to taste.
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add ginger and cumin and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add tumeric, salt, sweet potatoes and water.
- Cover and simmer on medium heat for about 10-12 minutes stirring from time to time.
- The potatoes will become quite soft.
- Add cauliflower, cover tightly and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast pecans in a dry skillet for about 5 minutes.
- When cauliflower is just fork tender and sweet potatoes very soft (You can combine with some of the water to make a bit of a sauce) tip into a serving bowl and garnish with nuts.
- Also good with a dollop of Greek yoghurt on top.