Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From chatelaine magazine. I have not tried this recipe yet.
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 large catfish fillets or 2 large tilapia fillets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (full fat) or 1⁄4 cup sour cream (full fat)
- 2⁄3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir curry powder with oil,cinnamon,salt,cloves,garlic and ginger. Rub mixture all over fish.
- Melt half of butter in a large,non-stick frying pan over medium heat. If using oil, pour half into frying pan.
- When hot, add onions. Stir often until soft and light golden, 5 minutes, then push to side of pan.
- Melt remaining butter in pan or add oil, then add fish. Cover and cook, 4 minutes. Using wide spatula, turn fish over and continue cooking until a knife tip inserted into thickest part of fish comes out warm, about 4 more minutes. It's ok if onions becomes dark golden. Using a wide spatula, remove only the fish to plates. Reduce heat to low. Add yogourt and coriander to onion. Stir until heated through, about 30 secondes. Spoon over fish.