Norahs Girl's Note:
Butternuts a very popular here in South Africa and this is one of my Favourite recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 946.36 ml chicken or 946.36 ml vegetable stock
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 473.18 ml button mushrooms, sliced
- 14.79 ml mild to medium curry powder
- 14.79 ml flour
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 0.25 ml turmeric
- 29.58 ml brandy
- 118.29 ml natural yoghurt
- 1Simmer butternut in chicken stock in a covered pot until soft, then purée.
- 2Melt butter in pan and fry the onion and mushroom in the butter until soft.
- 3Add flour and curry powder and stir over low heat for about four minutes.
- 4Add butternut to the onion and mushroom mix and bring to a gentle boil.
- 5Add salt, black pepper and sugar.
- 6Stir in the yoghurt and the brandy, but don't let it boil.
- 7Serve in heated soup dishes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Butternut soup
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 45.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: