Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great cheap source of protein butter beans are one of my favourite pulses. This works well as a veggie alternative to prawn cocktail and a great sandwich filling too.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 150 ml natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 40 g canned butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 head lettuce
- Heat oil and gently fry onions for about 10 minutes
- Add curry powder and stir well, leave to cool.
- Mix yoghurt with the lemon juice and add to the onion mix. Stir in the butter beans.
- Serve with the lettuce leaves.