Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can't wait to try this!
- 1 (3 lb) salmon fillets
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur, like Triple Sec
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sprinkle salmon fillet with 1 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Roast salmon 25 minutes, or until nearly opaque. Heat broiler.
- Meanwhile while salmon is roasting, in a small saucepan over medium heat, cook garlic in oil for 2 minutes, or until slightly browned. Stir in currant jelly, liqueur, and 1 Tbs. orange juice.
- Increase heat to high; bring to a boil.
- Cook 8 minutes more, or until mixture thickens and can coat back of spoon.
- Stir in 1 Tbs. orange zest.
- Spoon 1/2 currant-orange mixture over salmon fillet.
- Broil salmon 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Transfer salmon to serving platter. Serve with remaining currant sauce.
- If desired, garnish with kumquats, berries and citrus curls.