Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
So Called because you use a "cuppa" this and a "cuppa" that...it is a quick dessert that is good hot, cold or anywhere in-between. Boo(long-sufferin' everlovin' hubby) loves it hot with vanilla ice cream.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can fruit (I use peaches)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and place in 2 quart baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar and milk until smooth.
- Pour over melted butter in dish.
- Do NOT stir!
- Pour fruit, with juice over all.
- Again, do NOT stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
My mother gave me this recipe years ago. It is so easy and delicious. She always used canned pie filling and I've made it with canned peaches, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, pineapple, apple, etc...
A good dessert that can be made easily at the last minute since I always have these ingredients on hand. I didn't have self-rising flour, so I used a substitution I found in a cookbook (1 cup all purpose flour plus 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp baking soda) and it seemed to work just fine. 45 minutes in the oven was just right. Delicious warm with vanilla ice cream, as suggested! This was a Spring 2007 PAC selection. :)