Recipe by patriciafulda
All credit for this goes to ratherbeswinm' for her Mexican Meatloaf.! I just tweaked the ingredients. For all those followers of traditional Mexican cuisine, this meatloaf does not use tomatoes or onions and is not heavy.
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef (85% non-fat)
- 3⁄4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup chunky salsa (mild or hot to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely ground
- sour cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray all 12 cups of a regular muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except sour cream in a large bowl and mix together with your hands. Distribute evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.