Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Kids love these cupcake cones! Just watch their faces light up when you bring these out. Great for any kid's party.
- 24 flat bottom wafer ice cream cones (without holes or cracks)
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix, any flavor
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, per cake mix directions
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, per cake mix directions
- 2 -3 eggs, per cake mix directions
- 1 (1 lb) container vanilla frosting (or homemade) or 1 (1 lb) container cream cheese frosting (or homemade)
- candy sprinkles (optional) or cherries, with stems, etc. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In 13x9x2 inch baking pan, arrange ice cream cones, standing up.
- Prepare mix per package directions.
- Spoon batter into cones, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove to rack to cool completely.
- Frost and decorate with sprinkles and a cherry if desired.
A great hit at my daughter's 3rd birthday party. Luckily I made enough for the adults too! (I transported them in cake tins with kitchen towel beween them
I use to make these with my daycare and foster children and now I make them with the grandchildren. A fun thing for them to do. Overlook the fact they will get frosting on themselves when decorating. LOL
These were fun and easy to make. My grandson loved them! I used crumpled up wax paper between the cones to transport which worked very well.