Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great recipe for the Big Game provided by thebar.com that puts a unique twist on traditional “Big Game” drinks and appetizers as well as party planning ideas. Thebar.com encourages football fans to drink responsibly.
- 1⁄4 cup jose cuervo especial tequila
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 lbs chicken wings, separated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons finely fresh cilantro
- Preheat over to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Jose Cuervo tequila, soy sauce, honey, mustard, garlic and hot sauce.
- Wash chicken wings and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add wings to the marinade and stir to coat.
- Transfer to refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Drain chicken and arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
I came across this recipe because I wanted chicken wing for the "Big Game", being Super Bowl. Sounded interesting and different. I followed the directions pretty well with the exception that I didn't have low-sodium soy sauce, used regular. I also left out the cilantro, don't care for it much. I followed the directions otherwise, except preheating the oven the first time, think that was a typo. I baked these cover on at 325Âº for a bit over an hour. I wanted "falling off the bone" tender. I baked these with another recipe that I found (Honey Barbecue Sauce by Sue L) and they worked together perfectly. These had a unique flavor and my BH loved them. They were perfect for the "Big Game". Thanks so much for the recipe, we will be doing these again.
This is an excellent change to regular hot wings. I didn't add the honey at all and found with the soy sauce, less salt could be used. Maybe half as much? I also added 2 Tbsp of chipotle chili pepper and just before serving sprinkled half the wings with cilantro and the other half with chili pepper. We like our wings crispy so I baked at 450Â°F for 15 minutes, then flipped and baked for a further 15 minutes and flipped once more. Then I turned down the heat to 375Â°F and baked a further 15 minutes.