Recipe by kristin.maverick
A great recipe for the Big Game provided by thebar.com that puts a unique twist on traditional “Big Game” drinks and appetizers as well as party planning ideas. Thebar.com encourages football fans to drink responsibly.
Top Review by CabinKat
I came across this recipe because I wanted chicken wing for the "Big Game", being Super Bowl. Sounded interesting and different. I followed the directions pretty well with the exception that I didn't have low-sodium soy sauce, used regular. I also left out the cilantro, don't care for it much. I followed the directions otherwise, except preheating the oven the first time, think that was a typo. I baked these cover on at 325Âº for a bit over an hour. I wanted "falling off the bone" tender. I baked these with another recipe that I found (Honey Barbecue Sauce by Sue L) and they worked together perfectly. These had a unique flavor and my BH loved them. They were perfect for the "Big Game". Thanks so much for the recipe, we will be doing these again.
- 1⁄4 cup jose cuervo especial tequila
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 lbs chicken wings, separated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons finely fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Jose Cuervo tequila, soy sauce, honey, mustard, garlic and hot sauce.
- Wash chicken wings and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add wings to the marinade and stir to coat.
- Transfer to refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Drain chicken and arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.