Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very cool and refreshing side dish, goes very well with spicy curries, naan bread and even grilled meat. This can be made upto a day in advance, cover and refrigerate and stir before serving.
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled, seeded and grated
- 1 -2 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 375 ml plain yogurt
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted, for garnish
- Combine cucumber, spring onion, garlic, ginger, mint, lemon juice and yoghurt in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- Sprinkle over cumin seeds just before serving and serve chilled.
Outstanding! We all loved this recipe, made it as written and was not disappointed. I really enjoyed the fresh mint and ginger coming through the yoghurt. This makes a Perfect accompaniment to any Indian recipe. Thank you Aaliyah&Aaron's mum
Love the hint of mint coming through in this cool refreshing raita.
We peeled the cucumber, and left out the cumin seed for personal preference when making this dish. We also substituted tarragon for the mint. We let it sit in the fridge for about 3 hours then spooned it over grilled chicken breasts for lunch and it was great. The Raita melted over the steaks into a wonderful cream sauce, then we found ourselves with a forkful of meat and just dipping it into the sauce in the bowl. The flavor of this sauce is really good.