Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It looks like ordinary cucumbers and onions. But there's a zesty surprise hiding behind that creamy coolness -- a little zing of minced jalapeno. Not really hot (though you could use a milder Anaheim pepper if you're sensitive), just a little zip. A little celery adds unexpected crunch.
- 4 -5 cucumbers (8-10 inch)
- 1⁄2-1 sweet onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed
- 2 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- sunflower seeds (to garnish) (optional)
- Peel and dice cucumbers. (Leave skins on if they're unwaxed, garden cukes).
- Quarter onion and slice paper-thin.
- Mince jalapeno.
- Cut celery in 1/4" dice.
- Toss all veggies together with sour cream and seasonings.
- Garnish with sunflower seeds if desired.
Made this last night for dinner and the only thing I did a little different was to add a little dill and DH wanted a little (I just added a little) sugar. I also cut the recipe in half. We both enjoyed it and it was quite refreshing to add celery along with the cukes and onions. Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup Game 2009.