Recipe by Ambervim
bon Appetite had this and several other summer soda recipes. I make most of my own fizzy drinks from fruit in my yard. I like this veggie alternative. I will be trying this with stevia instead.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. It looks so pretty. It is cool and very refreshing. Full of flavor, not too sweet, just right. It was quick and easy to make, with great instructions. I wouldn't change a thing. Made for Whats? on the Menu.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 large cucumber, thinly sliced crosswise, plus 12 slices for garnish (about 8 oz.)
- 24 fresh mint leaves, plus 12 sprigs (to garnish)
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 6 cups soda water, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and sugar to a boil to make simple syrup.
- Keep 1.5 cups in a small saucepan and remove pan from heat.
- Add cucumber slices (reserving 12 for garnish), 24 mint leaves, and basil.
- Cover and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain cucumber-herb syrup into a jar, pressing on solids in strainer.
- Fill a 12-oz. glass with ice cubes. Add 2 tablespoons syrup and top with soda water (about 1/2 cup). Stir to combine. Garnish with cucumber slice and sprig of mint. Repeat to make 11 more sodas.