This is a twist on a simple key-lime pie recipe, I invented it for a family reunion, about one hour ago. One advantage it has over the traditional recipe is that it is naturally greenish, not yellow. The other advantage is that it is very, very tasty. You can dress this up any way you would like, and you may use any crust you wish. I just didn't feel like a store-bought crust today.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Soften butter in microwave.
- 3Stir butter into flour and sugar to form a paste.
- 4Press this paste into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes, let cool.
- 6Combine lime zest, juice, and cucumber peel, puree in blender until smooth.
- 7Stir into bowl with sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, and stir into smooth.
- 8Pour into pie pan.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes, remove and cool for 10 minutes.
- 10Place in fridge until completely cool.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Key Summer Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 67.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: