From the 'Thursday' magazine, this recipe was submitted by Rajani Sankaran.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and cook the mint/drumstick leaves.
- 2In a separate pan, cook the cucumber with a little water.
- 3Once cooked, mash it well and keep aside.
- 4Grind the chana dal in a mixer.
- 5In a pan, heat a little oil.
- 6Fry the mashed cucumber in the oil.
- 7Add the chana dal and the cooked leaves.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Add the corriander leaves, salt, green chillies, curry leaves and garam masala.
- 10Mix well.
- 11Make equal-sized balls out of the above prepared mixture.
- 12In a flat pan, pour 1 tbsp.
- 13of oil.
- 14Add the flattened balls dusted in breadcrumbs (about 3 at a time).
- 15Remove from heat when the cutlet becomes golden brown.
- 16Drain excess oil on a clean kitchen napkin.
- 17Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any of your favourite chutney.
- 18As an option (I like it this way), stuff the patties inside your veggie burger and chew down!
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Cutlet
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.4
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 117.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: