From the 'Thursday' magazine, this recipe was submitted by Rajani Sankaran.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and cook the mint/drumstick leaves.
- 2In a separate pan, cook the cucumber with a little water.
- 3Once cooked, mash it well and keep aside.
- 4Grind the chana dal in a mixer.
- 5In a pan, heat a little oil.
- 6Fry the mashed cucumber in the oil.
- 7Add the chana dal and the cooked leaves.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Add the corriander leaves, salt, green chillies, curry leaves and garam masala.
- 10Mix well.
- 11Make equal-sized balls out of the above prepared mixture.
- 12In a flat pan, pour 1 tbsp.
- 13of oil.
- 14Add the flattened balls dusted in breadcrumbs (about 3 at a time).
- 15Remove from heat when the cutlet becomes golden brown.
- 16Drain excess oil on a clean kitchen napkin.
- 17Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any of your favourite chutney.
- 18As an option (I like it this way), stuff the patties inside your veggie burger and chew down!
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Cutlet
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.4
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 117.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: