Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Low fat with lots of taste. You can add red onion to this if you wish just increase the amount of the dressing
- 5 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- Combine cucumbers and salt in large mixing bowl. Toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Rinse salt off of cucumbers and return to bowl. Add carrot.
- In a small bowl mix together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over cucumber mixture and toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least four hours.
I was looking for a different way to use up a cucumber and tried this one. I wasn't disappointed! I also added half a jicama because it was in the fridge. I liked the dressing -- thanks for a keeper!
This was a nice, mild salad. I took it to a church potluck and everyone enjoyed. I did add some romaine lettuce at the last minute and it went nice with the dressing. Thanks!