Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Was looking for a dip like this but couldn't find what I was looking for. I came up with this instead. Made this to go with Spicy King Prawns. It also tasted pretty good with pretzels! Try to find Greek yogurt as it's thicker than normal plain yogurt. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons dill
- salt and pepper
- Mix together the yogurt, sour cream, heavy cream and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Peel the cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds with a spoon. Slice each half lengthwise into 4 or 5 pieces, then thinly slice crosswise so that you end up with small pieces.
- Layer about 3 sheets of paper towels on top of one another and pile the cucumber pieces in the middle. Fold the towels over the cucumber to enclose them and press down to squeeze out as much excess water as possible.
- Mix the cucumber into the yogurt mixture.
- Add the lemon or lime juice, minced garlic, and dill.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for 2-3 hours prior to serving to allow flavors to mix.