Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I want to try this recipe this summer. It looks so easy and so yummy. I want to share with you. This is from Ricardo. There is no cooking to do. That's what I like.
- 3 tablespoons shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and cut in pieces
- 1⁄4 pineapple, peeled and finely chopped (around 1 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor, chop all the ingredients. Cover and let macerate 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Delicious in burgers and as a side for white flesh fish and grilled pork chops.
- This can be good up to 3 weeks in the fridge and can be frozen.
Since this was a relish, I diced the two main ingredients pretty small, but other than that I stuck to the recipe & we made several wraps with that & some shredded pork that I had in the freezer! Definitely a recipe I'll be making again! So simple & easy, tasty & refreshing! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits]
I really like the cucumber/melon combination so I wanted to give the cucumber/pineapple combination a try. It was really good. Better than anticipated. I didn't use the food processor but diced everything really tiny. Thanks for posting. Made for PRMR.
This was very tasty ~ I really liked the cucumber and pineapple together; I used very thinly sliced red onion as I had no shallots :) Made for HOLIDAY TAG, September 2009! Thanks for posting!