Recipe by Sackville
This comes courtesy of Daniel, a chef for the Cucina Cucina restaurant chain. I asked him for the recipe for their focaccia bread and these are his directions. To infuse the olive oil, just heat some oil and chopped garlic in a saucepan for about five minutes, then let cool, strain through a cheesecloth and use.
Top Review by JenG
I love the Focassia Conconbozola appetizer at Cucina Cucina so I used this recipe to try and recreate it for a dinner party and it worked out great! I followed the directions as above but skipped the olives. I also baked it on a pizza brick. I served it with Combozola cheese (brie with blue cheese in it) and a roasted garlic clove (roasted in the oven using a terra cotta garlic roaster which you can purchase for about $10). It was fantastic and my guests loved it.
- 1 batch easiest ever pizza dough (Easiest Ever Pizza Dough)
- 1 ounce garlic-infused olive oil or 1 ounce rosemary infused olive oil
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the dough into 5 or 7 ounce balls and roll out very thin-- to 10 inches if you are using 5 ounces of dough and 13 inches for a 7 ounce ball.
- Brush with the olive oil, then spread the olives and a bit of salt over the skin.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal and bake for about 10 minutes in a 400 F oven or until lightly browned.