This is my variation of traditional Cuban Tortas, which I serve "mashed," along with Mojo Sauce. Either serve them for lunch or dinner, or cut into quarters as appetizers. Use Cuban bread, if you want to make it from scratch, but I like these made with regular hamburger buns.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices pork loin or 4 slices turkey or 4 slices chicken
- 4 slices manchego cheese
- 4 slices dill pickles, stackers or 12 hamburger dill pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1Toast the cumin in a small skillet.
- 2Blend the rest of the sauce ingredients together with the cumin, and set aside.
- 3Place the ham, second meat, cheese, pickles on buns slathered inside with the mayonnaise.
- 4Pour the olive oil in a large skillet.
- 5Place the sandwiches in the skillet and brown them on both sides, mashing down on the tops to flatten the sandwiches.
- 6Serve with Mojo Sauce as a dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Tortas
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.8
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 611.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: