Recipe by Mrs. Beckman
Delicious. Found this on the BHG website and posted here for safekeeping. Something different and really quick. I usually use canned pineapple.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, packed in juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 7/8 ounce) envelope cooked long-grain rice
- 12 ounces cooked ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sweet pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (3/4 cup)
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove pineapple from container, reserving juice. Cut pineapple in 3/4-inch slices; discard core if present. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat; add pineapple slices. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until beginning to brown. Divide pineapple among four plates.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Add ham and peppers to skillet; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in reserved pineapple juice. Serve with lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.