Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe is from Taste of Home and is being posted for ZWT.
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic, cloved minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- For the relish, in a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the onion and water to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently; drain.
- Transfer to a bowl; add roasted peppers, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and cumin.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour; remove and discard the garlic.
- Cover and place in refrigerator.
- To make the sandwiches, mash the minced garlic, cumin and salt.
- Rub over the tenderloin; place in a shallow baking pan and bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 35-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes; slice thin.
- Over medium heat, heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Top four slices of bread with pork, add the desired amount of relish and 2 slices of cheese; top with remaining bread.
- Cook the sandwiches for 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- The yield is 4 sandwiches and 2 cups of relish.
These sandwiches are so yummy. The rub for the pork is quite simple. But the relish adds so much taste to the sandwiche. I used burger bread. Thanks Paula :) Made for ZWT9
So good! The roast was so easy to prepare and had great flavor. The onion relish was delicious and a nice match to the pork. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
Great sandwiches - pretty easy, too! Thanks Paula!<br/>Made for ZWT9 Soup - a - Stars