Recipe by FloridaGrl
A great marinade, dip for chips or veggies, & a sauce for meats. I would eat this stuff on just about anything. I usually dump everything into the blender and puree it until it is smooth.
Top Review by gemini08
I used this fantasic sauce as marinade for Mahi Mahi. The fish was in the marinade for @ one hour, then grilled on a George Foreman grill. Simply divine! Having lived in Miami for many years, I appreciate these garlicky Cuban mojos but this one is the best! Thank you from another Florida Girl! The cole slaw in the picture is recipe # 379103.
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour orange juice (SEE NOTE)
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: If you can't find sour orange juice, use 1/2 cup orange juice combined with 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- Crush garlic and salt in a mortar and pestle or in a food processor until it forms a smooth paste. Combine garlic, onion, and orange juice in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add mixture, and stir for 3 minutes.
- This sauce can be used immediately or stored in refrigerator and reheated.