Recipe by Chef Petunia
A wonderful one dish meal that the entire family will enjoy. Beautiful presentation with the yellow rice, green peas and red peppers.
Top Review by Jenna Boone
My family loved this meal. It came out wonderful and they have already requested that I make it again soon. I didn't change anything about the recipe, but it was perfect just the way it is.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 828.06 ml hot water
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 283.49 g package yellow rice
- 226.79 g frozen peas, do not thaw
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides until golden and almost done. Remove to a plate, sprinkle with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Pour water into skillet and add garlic. Bring to a boil and add rice and stir. Add chicken back to pan on top of rice and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon peas and roasted red pepper over top. Cover again and cook 3-5 more minutes.