Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fun twist on grilled hamburgers loosely based on a episode of Boy Meets Grill with Bobby Flay. I press the sandwiches underneath foil covered bricks (two sandwiches under each brick) that have been preheated on the grill.
- 4 hamburger patties
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced ham
- 1⁄2 lb sliced cheese (swiss or provolone preferably)
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Wrap bricks or other heavy object in aluminum foil and place on grill.
- Grill burgers until less than desired doneness(e.g. cook to medium for medium-well).
- Meanwhile, spread desired condiments on both sides of all buns.
- Top both sides of all buns with ham and cheese.
- Assemble burgers and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place bundles back on the grill and press with the bricks or other heavy objects and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Unwrap bundles and enjoy.