- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cooked ham (about 3 ounces)
- 4 fontina (about 3 ounces) or 4 provolone cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 4 french bread rolls or 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 2 whole dill pickles, sliced horizontally into 8 slices
- 4 red onions
- 4 tomatoes (optional)
- In a large bowl combine beef, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; mix well. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal grill, grill patties on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until done (160°F), turning once halfway through grilling. Add a slice of ham and cheese to each burger the last 1 minute of grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as directed.).
- Serve burgers on bread slices with pickles, onion and, if desired, tomato.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!