- 1⁄2 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110 F)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In mixer bowl dissolve yeast and sugar into warm water. Let the yeast proof until bubbly ( 5 plus minutes).
- 2.) Add 1 cup of flour and salt to bowl and mix with dough hook.
- 3.) While hook is going, keep adding flour a few Tb's at a time until a soft elastic dough is formed. You may use and the 3 cups of flour or more or less. After a soft dough ball has formed, let the machine knead for an additional 7 minutes.
- 4.) Stop mixer and let dough sit in bowl for 3 minutes.
- 5.) Form dough into ball and place in very lightly oiled bowl . Roll the ball around just so the oil is on the top of the bread. Cover with saran wrap and let rise , in a warm place, until doubled.
- 6.) Punch down dough and roll into a loaf approx 12 " long. Place loaf onto french loaf pan ( which has been sprayed with non-stick spray).
- 7.) Slash the top 3x and cover the loaf with saran wrap. Let rise for 10 minutes .
- 8.) Preheat oven ( by now i have already done this) to 400°F Place a bowl of boiling water on the bottom of the oven ( or on a lower shelf).
- 9.) Bake 25 - 35 minutes until loaves are golden brown.
- 10.) Invert and cool on rack.