Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
this recipe was from Bon Appetit Book in May 1980..quick easy and simple...
- 3⁄4 cup room temperature butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups broken rock decorative candies, crushed
- Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Beat together butter, sugar, vanilla, on low speed of mixer, until creamy and fluffy.
- Add salt and flour all at once and continue beating two minutes until well blended.
- Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes in saran wrap.
- Divide dough into three equal logs, or cylinders about 1 1/4 inches in diameter.
- Refrigerate another 15 minutes.
- Beat egg yolk.
- Roll each log into beaten yolk and then onto the crushed broken rock candy.
- Pressing lightly so the candy adheres to the dough.
- Slice each into 1/2 slices and place onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 400 degrees f.
- for 10 minutes, until set and lightly golden.
- Remove and cool on wire rack.