Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I think this started as a copycat, however I have changed amounts and added an ingredient and now love the final product. serve it hot or cold with a salad, bread sticks and white wine.
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 6 medium onions
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 pie crust
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4-1 lb crabmeat, picked over
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat saute onions, Old Bay and salt for 15 minutes, stirring every now and again.
- Remove from heat and Drain.
- Add milk and stir in beaten eggs.
- Fold in crab, cheese and pour into shell, shake gently to even out the mixture.
- Top with bacon and parsley.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done.
This was so delicious. I chopped the onions really fine. Also, I had to cover the pie crust edges to keep from getting too brown. I used 1 lb. fresh crabmeat. I served this for brunch but would be great for supper as well. Thanks Diana, this an onion-lovers dream.