Recipe by * Pamela *
A great bread machine recipe to serve with soup. Freezes well. Prep time does not include rising time or time in bread machine.
Top Review by CraftScout
Very yummy! And easy to do with a bread machine. If you do not like the flavor of onions, these are NOT for you, but we couldn't stop eating them. I had to whip some into the freezer quick before they all disappeared on me! :) Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup dried onion
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer ingredients in order givn in a bread machine.
- Select dough cycle and start.
- Remove from bread machine and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide into 12 equal portions and then shape into long ropes.
- Let rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes.
- To freeze: let cool, pack into a labeled ziploc bag and freeze. To serve remove from bag, cover and let come to room temperature or warm slightly in oven or microwave.