Recipe by mickeydownunder
Always "inspired" by what I read, TRUE! I LOVE an authentic Massaman Curry....YOU? Healthy, FUN, did I mention your kitchen will smell AWESOME too! I look forward to my first review! I used AYAM Organic Coconut Milk & AYAM Thai Massaman Curry Paste ORIGINAL SOURCE: What's On The List? http://whatsonthelist.net/2013/05/06/in-the-mood-massaman-curry-quiche/
Top Review by rpgaymer
A very nice dish, although the recipe was a bit difficult to follow. I figured it out though. The quiche itself almost tastes like an exotic sweet potato pie, and you really need the lime juice and chili peppers on top- they add so much to the flavor. Loved it.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 7 eggs
- 350 ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry paste
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 red capsicum, diced (sweet pepper)
- 1⁄4 green capsicum, diced
- 1⁄4 yellow pepper, diced
- cooking spray (optional)
- lime (optional but recommended ,-)
- red chili, finely diced (optional but recommended ,-)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C (~400F).
- Peel sweet potato and cut into desired pieces; toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Hint and Tip.
- I “know” it is a very American thing to do re “Shake and Bake“, but found it was HEAPS easier to place the sweet potato pieces in a Ziploc and “fully coat” the sweet potato with oil, salt and pepper.
- Feel free to substitute other spices on the sweet potato.
- Spread coated sweet potato on a flat tray and bake for about 15 minutes or until soft; remove from oven; set aside.
- My sweet potato was “lovely and gold brown” at exactly the 15 minute mark.
- Cut capsicum into small diced pieces; in fry pan, saute for about 5 minutes until slightly soft; set aside; “slightly” cool.
- PERSONAL NOTE.
- I thought the capsicum would be nice sauteed in a non stick pan for about 5 minutes, until JUST turning light brown and becoming slightly soft.
- In a blender, combine corn kernels, AYAM Gluten Free Certified Organic Coconut Milk, and Gluten free AYAM Thai Massaman Curry Paste.
- Stir in cheese into the mixture and pour into a fluted pie pan (or whatever pie pan you choose); add cooked vegetable then stir “slightly” so some vegetables “sink” and some vegetables are still “floating” ;-).
- Can use baking paper or Gluten Free Oil Spray so quiche does not stick.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until quiche is firm.
- Remove and allow to cool before removing from you quiche pan.
- Hint and Tip.
- If the top starts to get “too brown”, cover with al foil and continue baking until done.